Queensland Athletics will be selecting 6 men and 6 women to represent Queensland at the Australian Half Marathon Championships. The following will be available to selected athletes:
- Free race entry
- Use of Elite Athlete Facilities on race day
- An elite start at the front of the field
- One night's twin share accommodation (top 3 males/females)
- Allowance of $150 dollars per athlete (top 3 males/females)
- Ground transport to the start line (if applicable) (top 3 males/females)
- Facility access into/out of Event venue for the athlete briefing
In order for an athlete to be considered for selection to represent Queensland at the championships they must complete an application form.
Due to the individualised nature of half marathons, selections are at the discretion of the Queensland Half Marathon Selection Committee. The committee will consider events from open cross country through to marathons, with performances at half marathons to be given the greatest weight. Where applicable, the committee will give greater weight to performances achieved at Queensland Athletics permitted events.
ATHLETE CODE OF BEHAVIOUR