The 2017 Australian All Schools Championships will be held in Adelaide, SA, from Friday 8th to Sunday 10th, December.
The Australian All Schools Championships, organised by Athletics Australia, is the National Track and Field Championships for school sport. The two and a half day competition has both individual medals and state team trophies.
The Queensland team is selected and managed by Queensland Athletics (QA). Athletes selected in the Queensland team will stay together in Adelaide as a team, very much like a National team at major games.
The age groups at the Australian All Schools Championships are Under 14, Under 16 and Under 18, with age taken as on 31 December 2017 (these are the same as the 13 years, 15 years and 17 years age groups in school sport competition).
Selections for the Queensland team will be made solely from the results at the 2017 Queensland Secondary Schools Track & Field Championships (12-15 October).
Team Levy of $590 + $30 per event (Athletics Australia entry fee) will be due with registration on Monday November 6th. this includes;
- Two nights’ accommodation (Fri 8th & Sat 9th)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (all days)
- All ground transport including to and from the Adelaide Airport. *Note athletes are required to arrange their own flights.
- 20 experienced Team Managers/Coaches, which is on average 1 Team Manager per every 10 athletes.
- Access to two physiotherapists who will be available to assist athletes.
Nominations close on 9am, Tuesday 17th October.